Where is that?

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

LIVING TO INVITE THE SPIRIT

Mark's letter of 16 Aug, 2010 reminded me that there is a difference between, keeping the commandments and living to invite the Spirit. I think that is a fine line sometimes or at least one that is too easily crossed and thus I delight the adversary because I am distracted--and thinking I am doing good--but I am really missing the mark.
I want to study this idea so that I can strengthen my ability to
Live to invite the Spirit.

  1. 13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye ashall die: but if ye through the Spirit do bmortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. b subdue
16 This I say then, aWalk in the bSpirit, and ye shall not fulfil the clust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the aSpirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be aled of the Spirit, ye are not under the blaw.
19 Now the works of the aflesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, bfornication, cuncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, astrife, seditions, heresies,
21 aEnvyings, murders, bdrunkenness, crevellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the afruit of the bSpirit is clove, djoy, epeace, flongsuffering, ggentleness, goodness, hfaith,
23 aMeekness, btemperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the aaffections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, aprovoking one another, envying one another.

38 That ye acontend no more against the Holy Ghost, but that ye receive it, and take upon you the bname of Christ; that ye humble yourselves even to the dust, and cworship God, in whatsoever place ye may be in, in spirit and in truth; and that ye live in dthanksgiving daily, for the many emercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you

No comments:

Post a Comment