I have not given a whole lot of thought to what it means to reject Jesus. I think that my quick answer would be --to sin, to say, so what? it probably would not go much beyond that. Today I read a quote by Bruce R. McConkie and he was actually talking about the Terrestrial Kingdom but it struck my heart in terms of discipleship and conversion.
"Every man is entitled to a just chance to know and accept Jesus Christ or to reject him if he feels the price of acceptance is too high."
That is why very good men will not receive the Celestial Kingdom. That is the threat for me each time I am lazy, or too tired, or simply unwilling. That is why discipleship is such a lonely road. We let ourselves think or feel that the price is too high. " I can't" may be the saddest words in our language. They are the truest. We can't--without the Savior we are nothing. We cannot overcome ourselves. We need Him in everything we want to do and hope to be. The irony is that though the price is high, He is not only able but willing to help us pay it. That is why he stands with outstretched arms. Come unto me--I now it is hard. I know you want to give up--Don't reject me. let me help you. I have made it and you can make it too if you will accept my Atonement."
I hope my heart can be with Peter, Lord where shall we go? For we know and are sure that thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
I hope that I can see that I am rejecting Him when I am lazy or unwilling to heed the call. I hope that I can call out and hang on and press on and not count the price of acceptance too high.
I am sad because I know i have failed so many times.
No comments:
Post a Comment