Except the first one.
This is truly one of my first experiences with recognizing tender mercies signed by the Lord-pure revelation. We were driving into Utah under a rainbow, embarking on an adventure of unknown outcome. I was worried. The sky was very overcast and gray. Doctrine and Covenants 84:88 flitted through my head. I responded, "What was that?'. I had not even ever read the D&C at that point. I knew it was a message from the Lord.
And whoso recieveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.
For a long time I have loved some of the writings of Ezekiel.
11:19
And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:
That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances and do the: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.
34:11
For thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.
As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.
16 I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick.
And I will set up one shepherd over them and he shall feed them, And I the Lord will be their God.
Not until this year in seminary did I find Jeremiah 16:16. I truly feel that this is what the Lord has done for me.
Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and the shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks.
31:33
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them:
for the Lord thy God,
he it is that doth go with thee;
he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
2 Kings 6:16'
Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
Deuteronomy is a powerful book. Moses shares teh Gospel with the Children of Israel before he leaves them.
4:39
Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the Lord he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.
10 :12
And now, Krystal, what doth the Lord they God require of thee,
but to fear the Lord thy God,
to walk in all his ways,
and to love him,
and to serve the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,
to keep the commandments of the Lord, and his statutes, . . .
6:7
And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thous liest down, and when thou risest up
11:18-19
Therefore, shall ye lay up these my words in your hear and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon you hand, that they may be as frontlests between your eyes.
And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thous risest up.
8:2
And thou shall rmember all the way which the Lord they God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou
wouldest keep his commandments, or no.
Moses 7:33
And unto thy brethren have I said, and also given commandment, that they should love one another, and that they should choose me, their Father.
31:6
Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy GOd, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
See Deut. 1:29-30 D& C 84:88
Joshua 1: 6 Be strong and of a good courage:
Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.
No comments:
Post a Comment