We have been counseled to have personal interviews with our children. I have not done this but I have made a list of the kinds of things that I think we should talk about.
(NPO-No particular order)
What are your goals?
How well are you getting your chores done?
~~How often do you have to be asked or reminded?
~~What is your plan for doing better?
How is your _______ coming? Personal Progress, Eagle, Duty to God, School work., mission plan , etc
~~When do you think you might finish?
What can we do to make our home a happier place to lie?
What do you like best about our family?
What can we do better?
What was your best experience this week?
Are you saying your personal prayers, reading your scriptures, writing in your journal?
~~How much can you do next week?
~~How do you feel about your testimony? Will you share it with me?
Do you have nay problems, fears , needs that I can help you with?
Follow up from previous interview
This is one thing I noticed this week that made me proud of you.
Let me tell you how much I love you.
As I type this I know that I received inspiration writing it and I have received personal grief that probably could have been avoided if I had done this with my children.
No comments:
Post a Comment