I had a bit of light from Luke 10:35.
25 ¶ And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit aeternal life?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy aheart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt alive.
30 And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and awounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.
31 And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.
33 But a certain aSamaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had bcompassion on him,
34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took acare of him.
35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the ahost, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.
Christ as the beaten, Christ as the Good Samaritan, Christ as the Innkeeper
Me as the beaten, the Priest, the Levite, the Samaritan and the innkeeper.
Today it was the innkeeper that gave me knowledge.
I do not think that we have ever doubted in the story that the man would come again and pay the innkeeper. That thought has at least never entered into my mind. And yet, if the Lord is the good Samaritan and I am the innkeeper, why do I doubt always? Why do I not believe that he will come again? Why am I selfish with what he has given me and worried always that i can't share because I won't have enough or get my due? He has promised He would come again and He has promised that he would pay us--reward us for every tear, every deprivation that we have suffered and give us every blessing that He has. He asks that we care for those that he has rescued, that need our help, who have weak knees and hands that hang down. We have His promise. We know His goodness. I need only learn to trust. He also implied that we would have to pay more (than the two pence-I don't know how much that was in that time but) he expects that we will not be selfish but truly care and see if there is not, enough and more.
I love how the Lord is blessing me with new knowledge all the time.
Brother Hoffman also told a story of the Stake President here who was on the way to a meeting (all of the attendees drove on the same road) and the Pres was over 1/2 hour late to the meeting because he had stopped to help a motorist on the side of the road. One of the other men had actually stopped and the man needed water. He didn't have any so he drove on.
One of his thought provoking things was.
"When you get up on the morning deciding that you are going to be a Samaritan it changes how you think, it changes how you feel, it changes how you act. It changes you.
No comments:
Post a Comment