Where is that?

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Hearing with the Spirit

Since starting (again) to take notes in Sacrament meeting I have noticed that I learn more. I am touched by certain thoughts and ideas. I am taught by the Spirit.

I have been thinking about this thought that I had after Sacrament meeting one day.

If I am asked,
"Did you feel the Spirit today?" I would reply (if it is true)
"Yes."
How?
"I brought it with me."

I will sorrow if I cannot reply this way.

Today,while preparing for D&C 43 I came across this quote by Gene R. Cook, a member of the Seventy,

“One time a man asked President Spencer W. Kimball, ‘What do you do when you find yourself in a boring sacrament meeting?’ There was silence for a moment and then President Kimball said, ‘I don’t know. I’ve never been in one.’ That’s interesting, isn’t it? That tells me that the real meeting was really between President Kimball and the Lord, in addition to what was happening in sacrament meeting. If you are just in [the meeting], you are in the wrong meeting, and you will miss most of what is said. The same is true of other meetings. If you enter a meeting with your heart prepared to be written upon by the Lord, then that will happen” (in “Learning Gospel Is Lifetime Pursuit,” Church News, Mar. 24, 1990, 10).

No comments:

Post a Comment