When we seek inspiration to help make decisons, the Lord gives us gentle promptings. These require us to think, to exercise faith, to work, to struggle at times and to act. Seldom does the whole answer to a decisively important matter or complex problem come all at once. More often, it comes a piece at a time, without the end in sight.
Richard G Scott, Ensign Nov 1989 pg. 32
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shortly after I was called as a General Authority, I went to Elder Harold B> Lee for counsel. He listened very carefully to my problem and suggested that I see President David O. McKay. President McKay counseled me as to the direction I should go. I was very willing to be obedient but saw no way possible for me to do as he counseled me to do.
I returned to Elder Lee and told him that I saw no way to move in the direction I was counseled to go. He said,
"The trouble with you is you wan tot o see the end from the beginning." I replied that I would like to see at least a step or two aheaad. Then came the lesson of a lifetime:
"You must learn to walk to the edge of the light, and then a few steps into the darkness; then the light will appear and show the way before you."
Boyd K Packer (BYU Today, March 1997, pp22-23)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No comments:
Post a Comment