We covered D&C 13 today and I cried all the way through it. I can remember being younger and wondering what the big deal was every year that they celebrated May 15--Today I told them that they ought to be celebrating. I absolutely love Oliver Cowdery's description of receiving the Priesthood. I guess it is because I have had enough life now to understand that God operates in exactly the manner he describes. The whole world is in motion and oblivious to the miracle that is happening in any given life at any given moment.
I too am loving the D&C. I have often said that I love the Book of Mormon and considered the New Testament a favorite cousin. After I truly studied and taught it I love it as much. I was amazed this summer as I read and studied the D&C that I could feel so much love for it as well. Now I am marveling everyday because I can catch a glimpse of how exciting all this revelation was. They were in a world of darkness and here comes this glorious and marvelous light! I am pretty sure that my class is tired of hearing me say, "Okay, now try to imagine. . ."
20 March 2020
I loved the idea of the restoration as the light that is coming into a darkened world. In that way, as the Gospel comes to more and more people and as the saints learn more and more of personal revelation I can see how the Restoration is ongoing and will continue until God says, “it is finished.“
It is wonderful insight as the prophet, Russell M Nelson, has asked to ponder and study the Restoration.
No comments:
Post a Comment