Looked up chasten--to prune is the definition I think applies most.
Helaman 15:3-in the days of their iniquities hath he chastened them because he loveth them
D&C 95:1 and whom I love I also chasten that their sins may be forgiven, for with the chastasiment I prepare a way for their deliverance in all things our ot temptation, and I have loved you
2Wherefore ye must needs be chastened and stand rebuked before my face
105:6 And my people must needs be chastened until they learn obedience, if it must needs be, by the things which they suffer.
Hebrews 5:8 Though he were a son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered.
Proverbs 13;24 He that spareth his rod hateeth his son; but he that loeth him chasteneth him betimes.
Mosiah 4: 14. . .neither will ye suffer that they transgress the laws.
No comments:
Post a Comment